Saturday Nov. 5, 2016 we’ll be moving from the Lewisburg Farmers Market to the Winter Farmers Market, and to kick off the change, we’re hosting a Seed Swap. Sarah Lakiotes, an experienced organic farmer and gardener will be on hand to answer questions about seeds, planting, and successful gardening.
What? a Seed Swap
Join other farmers and gardeners to share and exchange organic, heirloom, non-GMO seeds in our Seed Swap. Find varieties of your favorites that thrive here in WV, or discover new things to add to your garden. Share seeds of plants you are proud to have grown.
Saturday November 5, 2016 from 10am to Noon.
In the Gus Douglas Building at the WV State Fairgrounds in Fairlea, WV. http://statefairofwv.com/fair/contact/.
- ensures food security
- maintains local biodiversity
- preserve disappearing varieties of crops
- nurtures a culture of cooperation
- shares traditional knowledge
- encourages a direct connection to nature
- provides free seeds to those in need